What is an e-PRO and why should you use one?
Why Use an e-PRO®
Social media is still relatively new, and evolving every day. An agent with NAR's e-PRO® certification is dedicated to making the most of today's social media and technology to help you with your real estate needs, whatever they may be.
e-PRO® is the only technology certification to be officially recognized, endorsed, and conferred by the National Association of REALTORS®
Agents with NAR’s e-PRO® certification demonstrate:
- Advanced training in using the latest technology and social media to promote your property or find your next home
- A clear understanding of the ways that e-office strategies, rich media and social networking can benefit today's consumer in a real estate transaction
- Excellence in adopting, implementing, and promoting technology best practices
- Ethics with commitment to use technology in fair and responsible manner
- Professionalism by completing an education program designed to keep one’s technical knowledge and skill sets up-to-date
When you're on the Internet, you don't have time to waste on endless searches for useful real estate information. You want to get things done quickly and without hassle. So chances are you'd like a real estate agent who
- Answers e-mail promptly and professionally.
- Respects your on-line privacy.
- Offers home listings and other Internet tools to help you find or market a home.
An e-PRO® is a REALTOR® who has successfully completed the e-PRO® training program for real estate professionals. Endorsed by the National Association of REALTORS®, the e-PRO® course teaches professionals the nuts and bolts of working with real estate on-line: Web sites, e-mail, on-line tools, and most of all, what today's consumer really wants.
What does all this mean to you? There are several benefits of working with a certified Internet professional.
Are you reluctant to give out contact information through the Web for fear of being pestered or spammed? e-PROs® understand. They've learned the Web isn't just a place to do business; you need information from someone you can trust.
That's why an e-PRO® will respect your privacy. They respond quickly to your questions, but don't send you unwanted communication. And they protect your personal information.
Tired of struggling to find information? e-PRO® is more likely to have access to the latest Internet utilities, making your life easier. These tools may include:
- On-line home tours
- Instant access to comprehensive neighborhood data
- Extensive property listings
- Immediate e-mail notification of just-listed homes meeting your criteria
- Referral networks and on-line forums, where e-PROs can quickly find information even potential buyers from other e-PROs
- Newsletters on current real estate conditions in your area
- Electronic faxes sent to you by e-mail
- Advanced software, PDAs, and laptops to find you answers on the spot.
- Advanced training to expose your home on Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media.
The result: you get more information, more easily. With electronic files, you have less paperwork to deal with. And since your agent uses e-mail, you can even eliminate phone tag. The e-PRO streamlines your entire transaction, from showing to closing.
An e-PRO® has access to advanced technology can save you considerable expense. You have more tools to find or market your home, so you're likely to get a better price. With on-line home tours, you reduce in-person showings and the costs involved. Most real estate contract negotiations are now able to be done online.
Relocating? An e-PRO® is ideal for you. With the tools to do your research electronically, you can make a decision on a home the first day you're in town or without traveling at all. You and your family save on travel costs. And after you've decided to buy, monitoring the sale by e-mail saves you even more.
Should you use an e-PRO®? Yes, especially if you're an Internet user. In this fast-paced age, technology has become a necessity. An e-PRO® is someone who has recognized and responded to the needs of the new consumer. If you choose an e-PRO®, it's a safe bet you'll get the kind of service you want and need.